Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Letter to the Birthday Girls

Happy THIRD Birthday Ella Marie and Zoe Dianne!!

You two are my little loves, and always will be.  You are a part of my heart and so very important to me.  I can't believe you are now THREE years old.  It still feels like yesterday Dr. Grande was telling your Dad and me 'today is the day you're going to meet your babies', and at the same time it seems like you've always been a part of our lives.  Your Dad and I waited a long time for you two and you've filled the past three years with so much happiness and joy.  Being your Mommy is even better than I imagined it would be.  You've made me the 'Happiest Mommy in the Universe' (except when you're both on a whining jag, but we'll talk about that later . . .).

I still look at you two with amazement, each day.  You were so tiny but perfect and so strong when you were first born, and now you're getting to be big girls, doing big girl stuff, and are still so strong and so perfect.

You two truly made my dreams come true and I feel so special being YOUR mommy.  When I  found out I was pregnant I was on top of the world.  I LOVED being pregnant with you guys.  I loved getting a bigger tummy because I knew that meant you two were getting bigger.  I loved feeling you move (and you moved a lot) and when other people didn't know you were moving I felt like you were my own little secret.  I loved seeing you in ultrasound pictures and I loved telling people our great news.  I was very excited and happy, it's as simple as that.

It was scary when you came so early, but all along your Daddy and I knew everything was going to turn out all right.  The light that surrounds both of you is so bright, Ella and Zoe, always remember that.

I have many, many wishes for you two, but mostly I hope that you're happy and that you love laughing with me as much as I love laughing with both of you.

When you were babies and would reach for me and only want me, or look for me if I was in another room, I felt like the most important person in the world.  Now that you're older I feel like the luckiest person in the world.  I love when you tell me things you're thinking, ask me a question about something you're curious about or sing me a new song you just learned (or an old one that's a favorite).  I almost burst inside when I watch you two coloring pictures (inside the lines even), 'doing work in your journals', being loving Mommy's to your dolls and stuffed animals, putting puzzles together (that have so many pieces they even puzzle me), or running around the backyard with such strong legs and huge grins on your faces.  When I see you being kind to each other and other people, and look out for each other, my heart gets bigger -- I really think it does.  

I am very proud of the little girls you two have become and I look forward to watching you continue to grow, and being a part of your amazing lives.  Being your Mommy feels so right and I love you both very, very, very, very much.  And I always will.

XOXO
Mommy

P.S
Please don't grow up too quickly though . . . 


3 comments:

Jessica Pratt said...

Happy 3rd Birthday, Ella and Zoe! I can't believe you're three already! Enjoy the day! Love the Pratt Family

Rydley said...

Happy Birthday!! Time is just flying!!! Jia and Willa can't wait to see you soon!!

Grama Dianne said...

Hi there you little ladies who are now 3 years old...Thanks for the party; we all had a fun time and I surely loved seeing you with your 5 Mclain cousins...We love you, Grama Dianne and Grampa Lindy