Thursday, October 20, 2011

homework


The girls' latest homework assignment was to draw a picture of their teacher and then tell a story about her.  They both had definite ideas of how they wanted to portray Mrs. Olson and what they wanted to say about her.  It always makes me smile when I see their art so closely reflect their individual personalities.

Zoe's final product:
Zoe is very precise with her work.  She wanted to add fancy flowers in Mrs. Olson's hair and extra fancy earrings, as well as a special dress (which totally reminded me of graduation photos from the 50's).  She said she knew Mrs. Olson has green eyes and that her hair is more blonde, but that she used a pencil for the hair and that's why it was dark.  Her story, concise and to the point -- that's my Zoe : )

Ella's final product:
Ella creates like she moves through her days, when ideas come to her she goes with them.  She gave Mrs. Olson a crown and is experimenting with making noses a new way.  She added an E and a Z to the balloons (for Ella and Zoe of course), and the blue and white tiles are what the floor looks like at school. Her story is so Ella too, I love how colors mean so many different things to her : )

 Reading both girls' words about their teacher made my momma heart feel very happy.  It still is hard for me not being with them for so much of their days but knowing they are with someone they think is nice, someone who gives them great hugs, someone who they know will help them, someone they like AND love makes hugging them goodbye in the morning a whole lot easier for me.  And when I think about them at their school throughout the day, I have so much to smile about.

5 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

I'm so impressed by the details in their artwork - it's wonderful!

Annie said...

They did a great job. They are great artists.

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

Those are so cool! I love their different styles of artwork, and I love hearing your interpretations as relate to their personalities, too.

I can imagine how it does warm your heart to know they're enjoying their time at school so much. I think it's so important for kids to have a great early experience at school...and it sounds like your girls are tracking beautifully. :) :)

Joe, Jane, Jia and Willa said...

They are so sweet and their art is so great! I'm always impressed by it. I'm glad they're liking school so much!

Mama Hen said...

Your girls are little artists! Those pictures came out so beautiful! I hope you are doing well my friend! Have a great day!

Mama Hen