Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Jump Party ~

Since getting their trampoline for their birthday, Ella and Zoe have wanted to have some of their preschool friends over for a 'Jump Party'.  It took most of the summer but it finally happened toward the end of August.  And because we waited so long we also turned it into a 'Preschool Friends Starting Kindergarten Jump Party'.

We made brownies stamped with the letter K (for Kindergarten) ....

.... and the girls put together little treat bags too:

It looked like rain all morning but stayed clear while the kids jumped on the trampoline, blew bubbles, played ball, created with chalk, painted in the tree house, went sliding into the pool, had shape sandwiches, veggies, cheetos, lemonade and K brownies for lunch, went swinging on the pony swing and just played like only little kids know how to play ....








It was ANOTHER good time ....
.... even though we only used the pinata for decoration : ) 


And today is the FIRST day of KINDERGARTEN for Ella and Zoe.
Now really, how did we get to this point?

Both girls are very excited and ready to start, though a little nervous (and I think Tom and I are as ready as we'll ever be).  It's interesting to me how Zoe is more comfortable with all the school stuff at this point than Ella -- these two continue to keep us guessing : )  Ella has also been having a tough time with me being at work.  She's made many comments over the past week to me, and she cried when she stayed with my parents (she told my mom that it's been a long time since she saw me).  She also told me she thought there should be two of me so one could go to my school and work and one could stay home and play with her and Zoe.  The other day she and Zoe expressed some concerns to me about things Tom does and wanted me to talk with him for them.  It was SO funny (and we wound up talking as a family together, which was also super funny).  Zoe wanted me to tell him he only needs to remind her to eat ONE time, that more than one doesn't make her eat more, and that he could use his manners more too.  When she said that Ella responded with 'now THAT would be something'.  I had to work really hard not to laugh.  Out of all fairness I asked them if there was anything they'd like me to work on too.  Zoe said no but Ella told me I could stop working.  Those sorts of comments have been hard, and make me sad too -- and so do the times when she acts like a cat when I get home at the end of the day and won't look at me or hug me for a while -- but I know once she gets into her school routine and is busy with all her school fun, it will all be good : )

Now it's time to get the two new kindergarteners up and ready for some action ......  let the FUN begin!!

3 comments:

Annie said...

What a wonderful party. Great idea and looks like they had lots of fun.

I wish they have an amazing year at kindergarten. Can't wait to hear more about their first day.

Hugs!!!!!!!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Oh, gosh, those comments are tough! You're doing a great job though. :-) The party certainly looks like fun!

Mama Hen said...

This is a great party! The delicious brownies look wonderful! I hope you are all doing great! Have a good day my friend!

Mama Hen