Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I knew ....


.... Mary and Baby Jesus were the starring roles ....

.... and of course the Angel was too.

But I had no idea how important the sheep were ....


.... until Ella and Zoe performed
in their first Christmas Pageant this past Sunday.


I also did not know Ella was disappointed in the sheep costume until she told me she thought it would be more 'fluffy', and that she thought she'd have hooves.

But I did know Zoe LOVED wearing her sheep costume so much that she wore it all evening after the dress-rehearsal last Friday.

I also did not know how tight the sheep ears headband was until Zoe said to me (two hours into wearing the ears) 'mommy, it hurts to be a sheep.'.

And I did not know Ella really, really wanted to be an angel until she told me; but was thankful she was okay with my explanation that the angels were played by older girls.

I also did not know that one of the angels was the girls' age until the morning of the program. It took a while for Ella to move on from that.


But having Grama Dianne, Grampa Lindy and Auntie Jen over ....

..... totally made everything 100% happy.

So happy that Zoe wanted her own picture of herself with Grampa and her little blue seal ....

.... and I loved spending extra time with my sister : )


And this just makes me laugh:
Since being in the program the girls have been acting out the Baby Jesus story a lot. This is what I overheard Ella say to Zoe yesterday: 'But Zoe, I don't want to be Joseph again. He doesn't do anything.'.

4 comments:

Grama Dianne said...

Special morning at North Como Presbyterian with two of the cutest sheep I have ever seen....and for those that know me, I KNOW sheep:) Glad we could be there.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Great sheep! Sorry to hear it hurts to be a sheep though.

Funny about Joseph. When I told Pierce my friend Tiffany had a baby in her tummy, he asked if it was baby Jesus. Totally cracked me up.

Angela said...

Adorable sheep! Have a Merry Christmas! I've loved getting to know you through blogland this year and looking forward to watching your girlies grow! Blessings!

Miss Dower said...

Oh wow, I remember being a sheep and desparately wanting to be an angel! Then once I was an angel I wanted to be Mary.... sadly we moved before I could ever fulfill that dream.
My brother was once the star of david. He wore a silver costume and then a huge tin-foil/cardboard star above his head.