Monday, November 30, 2009
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Friday, November 20, 2009
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
During the first few days of Ella and Zoe’s lives they each had a lot of different things done to them: Including IVs (which they did not like, and often pulled right out), feeding tubes, and being attached to monitors for pulse, oxygen content, respiratory and blood pressure. Both had brain ultrasounds done a couple of times, and we were relieved to hear they each had “normal brains” (meaning no bleeding or swelling). The girls did need to pass a few tests before they could come home. They needed to: Breathe on their own and Ella needed to stop having her apnea spells, they needed to regulate their own body temperatures and they needed to learn how to suck, swallow and breath, all at the same time.
And so began our life at our Home Away from Home -- the NICU.
Ella and Zoe are now 7 1/2, in 2nd grade and are THRIVING.
and have so much to be thankful for.
Thank you, March of Dimes.
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Six Things You Don’t Know About Me:
1. I can not stand onions. The sight, the smell, the taste, the texture . . . but I'm trying not to make them into too big of a deal (I'm actually starting to eat them if they're cut in tiny pieces and mixed in with other food). I'm really trying to be a good role model, I don't want Ella and Zoe to grow up not liking a food that's in most everything made.
2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE a Good Sandwich, that someone else has made. Minus the onions, of course. I think a well-made sandwich quite possibly could be the perfect food.
3. Tom and I traveled a lot before we became parents. We've been to many of the states here in the United States, a few places in Canada, all over Mexico, a couple of the beautiful countries in Central America, a handful of the gorgeous Caribbean Islands, Puerto Rico (love it there --Annie!!) as well as England, France, Switzerland, Italy, Sicily, Egypt and Northern Africa. When Ella and Zoe are older we plan on traveling with them too, and hope to show them at least Egypt, Italy/Sicily, Mexico and as many of the beautiful islands that we can.
4. Some day I will also go on a cruise around the Greek Islands and visit Ireland. Someday.
5. I really enjoy cooking and trying new recipes, but I'm not very good at it. Domestic stuff does not come naturally to me -- but I am good at never giving up and trying to keep a positive attitude : )
6. I love watching scary movies (the scarier the better) even though they'll keep me awake at night and can give me scary dreams.
*Heather from 3 under 3
*Missy from Two Little Monkeys
*Annie from Annie of Santiago Twin Girls
*Jane from Love is a Place
*JD from just one more mile...