Sunday, November 14, 2010

First Snow Fun


This is what Zoe and Ella woke to yesterday morning .......

...... and like every other kid in Minnesota,
they were very happy!!

They bundled up in their new snow gear
before they even had breakfast .....

....... and checked out our yard that had overnight turned into a snowy winter wonderland.


After breakfast we went back out
and Ella made a snow daddy ......

.... and Zoe made herself
and a snow mommy!!

They also tried to catch falling snowflakes
on their tongues .....

..... they played in the snow (a lot) ......


..... and they reluctantly stopped playing long enough for me to get a photo of the snow family we created together : )


Despite getting such heavy snow that quite a few of our large lilac branches and pine tree branches broke off, and our arborvitaes are shorter than they were the day before --- and despite new winter jackets that don't seem to fit well against the girls' necks, and boots that are too short so a lot of snow keeps getting under them --- we're in for the season and are excited for winter!!

8 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Looks like they had fun. I hope it doesn't snow here until at least February ;-) I'm still recovering from last winter!

SouthernDogwoods said...

So jealous - I love snow but just like one day of it then I want it back to normal. But it does make for some beautiful pictures. Your little snowbunnies are adorable!

Annie said...

OMG, so cold!!!!

Taylor said...

Oh My! Snow much fun LOL!!

Grama Dianne said...

You all are doing the right thing; making the best of the snow situation......fun snow family:) and pictures.

Rydley said...

Love the snow family!

It was good timing, wasn't it? Glad you had fun!

Christina said...

Looks like you guys are having fun as always! I saw your message on my blog and wanted to reach out to you to let you know that now I can finally start setting up our babies room! I have been waiting to be able to set up the cribs and now I can finally do it! I will post pictures for you once they are up so you can share it with the girls! So excited!

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

Such great pictures! The one of catching snowflakes on the tongue is just magical! And the snow family is precious, too! I'm (kind of) hoping for enough snow this year for the girls to play in. :)