Friday, September 25, 2009

A Big Day and a Fun Night


Preschool Day 4 was a SUCCESS!!
Both Ella and Zoe woke up excited to go to school,
drop-off was smooth, and both girls had a fun morning.
Their favorite part? Playing -- of course!

I did get a few pics of them on the playground.
I think it's really cute and sweet that they hold hands while walking from one area to another -- see them way back by the slides?

And then it was time to play in the big sand box : )

They also played with the balls, a lot. Whew!!
So no issues there : )

I also love how they walk as a class from the school to the playground (and vise-versa).
It always reminds me of prisoners
out getting some exercise : )

My favorite part of the morning?
When the girls noticed me and Ella yelled
'It's my MOOOOOOOM!!',
and Zoe turned, saw me and her whole face
turned into a smile.
It's so fun to have people genuinely excited to see you : )
I love being their Mom!!

On the way to the car we saw another mom
with a newborn baby.
Ella and Zoe adore babies so we as we passed by we took a quick peek.
Ella said 'Look at that baby, she's such a little penis.'.
The she stopped, gave me a funny look and said
'I mean she's such a little PEANUT!'.
That is still making me laugh : )

Then in the car on the way home, Zoe was busy telling me every detail about their morning and said something about singing to Ms. Lisa. I couldn't understand everything she was saying and thought she said they sang the 'I Love You' song to their teacher. She told me she did not sing that song to her but that she loves her, but she didn't tell her that, but that she will maybe next time.
Okay.
Did you get all that?

I'm just so happy
they are so comfortable and having fun.

When we got home they had lunch with their Dad
and then helped give the backyard birds
(and squirrels) their lunch --
a favorite activity Tom does with the girls
every couple of days.


At 5:30 we went back to school for dinner,
which Zoe and Ella thought was so great.
It was Family Fun Night,
and as Ella put it -- we had 'Great Fun'!!

We ate hotdogs and cheetos for dinner, with lemonade,
and a cookie for dessert.

And we ate dinner with friend Maddie
(and her brother Cooper and Mom, Stacy).
Maddie, by the way, was born on April 19th 2006 too!!
The EXACT same day as Ella and Zoe -- how fun is that?!


The girls even got their cheeks painted.



After dinner we watched a Magic Show.
I only took this one picture, which isn't that great.
But the magician was (perfect for a young audience) -- he was kind of like Mr. Noodle from Sesame Street and did a lot of 'Dad Humor' type of silliness. All of the kids were hooting and hollering and Zoe and Ella thought his show was THE FUNNIEST THING EVER.

So it was a Big Day and a Fun Night!!

3 comments:

Annie said...

I'm so happy both girls are having a lot of fun at school. And a what a wonderful idea having a fun night at school. Here we never do that. Maybe I've I have my own preschool try this great ideas.

Have a nice weekend.

~jd said...

i love that you're paparazzi to your girls ;)

and i do storytime on that stage at church every april :)

maybe i need to work a birthday theme into 2010 when i go since it's 3 awesome girls' birthdays that month!
happy weekend :)

Jeremi said...

Oh Jen, your comment just cracked me up! That's a perfect way to describe Tom and me (I have to include him too -- he's the one who wanted to bring binoculars to school). We're pathetic, I know. Maybe I should explain this to their teachers so they don't wonder if we're weirder than it appears we are : )

And YES YES YES on the birthday theme in April of 2010!!!!!!!