Saturday, June 13, 2009

Decision

We have decided to go ahead with the Deflux procedure for Ella and have it scheduled for August 5th.  We're still nervous about having her go under but feel it's worth the try.  If it works -- WONDERFUL!!  If she's one of those kids that needs more than one procedure we'll do the Ureteral Reimplantation Surgery at that point, rather than repeat the Deflux.

So, we're apprehensive about having her put out, but are so glad she'll be at the Children's Hospital in St. Paul and that Dr. Hutcheson with be her surgeon (he's been her urologist since she was in the NICU).  We're not thrilled about the time -- we have to be at the hospital at 12:30pm for a 2pm surgery, which means she'll have diet restrictions that morning, and for those of you who know Ella, that's not going to be easy or fun.  I know she'll think popsicles for breakfast is neat but I also know clear liquids isn't going to be real filling and by noon she'll probably be a bit grumpy.

So that's the plan and we're sticking to it.
I'm glad the decision has been made.

2 comments:

~jd said...

it's got to be some relief that *the* decision has been made and that you're both comfortable with it. i always forget ella even has such a condition..she's so happy and healthy :) hugs to you all!

Joe and Jane said...

Glad you made a decision. I know it was a tough one!