Monday, June 29, 2009

Three Days

Last Wednesday we headed back to Buffalo.
We kept pretty busy and had quite a bit of fun.

We spent Thursday morning in Auntie Jen's summer preschool class.
Ella and Zoe could have stayed all day.
They think it's wonderful that Jennifer is their auntie  AND a teacher,
and that she has so many neat things in her classroom.

They created 'Crazy Kites' with all sorts of interesting art supplies.



They played a lot, sang a few songs, met new friends and listened to a couple of stories (and visited with some of their new friends while the assistant read a story).

Then it was time to head outside to fly real kites.

Ella got her kite to fly right away.

Zoe did too.

One of the perks of having your auntie as the teacher
was extra playtime after everyone else left.




Thursday after naps we went to a Pool Party!!!
It was at a pool I spent a lot of my high school summers at (neighbor friends Nat and Tammy's house), with a lot of cute boys.
Now Nat, Tammy and I have 8 kids between the 3 of us -- and cute husbands : )

We had SOOOO much fun!  Ella and Zoe absolutely loved the water and were pretty fearless, as usual.
They totally got into jumping off the side of the pool into either my arms or Grama Dianne's arms.
We heard a lot of 'just one more time', coming from both girls.

I didn't get many pics though.  For most of the party there were 5 adults, 1 13 year-old and 9 other kids under 3 1/2.
Of the nine little ones, there were 3 sets of twins -- so taking photos wasn't a priority, though it would have been a neat picture.

My mom did get this one shot right before we headed home.
Yup, it's Irene, Julia and Jenny!!  How fun is that : ) 

Friday morning Zoe and Ella spent time with Grama and Grampa while I ran a few errands by myself (whoo-hooo).
Shaving cream kept them occupied,
I don't think they even noticed I was gone.


Right before naps on Friday the girls checked out their new water ball.
They were cautiously curious.

Ella went first . . . 

 . . .  while Zoe supported from the sidelines.

Both girls had fun racing around the ball with Grama.
I'm just glad I had the camera (thanks for being such a good sport, Mom).


We also celebrated my Dad's 71st Birthday.
I didn't get one single picture, but we sure had fun.

1 comment:

Rydley said...

You've been so busy! Looks like you've been having a great time too!

Nice grandparents to do the shaving cream directly on the table!