Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Big Cousins



We had an overnight last weekend with Lauren and Erin.
Ella and Zoe were super excited and had non-stop fun : )

Before dinner Z and E practiced riding their big girl bikes.  We've done this a few times and their 'practicing' actually consists more of holding on tight, sometimes pedaling and always saying 'I'm getting the feeeeeeel of it!', usually when their feet aren't even moving : )  I think we're going to put the bikes away until Spring, the girls need to get a little bigger and stronger.
But since the bikes used to be Erin and Lauren's,
we wanted to keep them out for their visit.



Ella with Lauren

Zoe with Erin


After lots of play time outside, dinner, and then more play time outside, we made popcorn with the airpopper (not the microwave) and all four girls watched a show together.


Saturday morning we packed up and walked
to our neighborhood playground and lake.
'Playground Time' was first . . . 





. . .  then it was off to the beach.

Ella found a Monarch Butterfly right away.  See it?


Dipping toes.

Writing names in the sand.

Close-ups of the little girls.



Making our sandcastle . . . 



. . .  and just having fun together.






Then it was time to try and wash the sand off our feet
and head home for lunch, before Tom drove the 'Big Cousins' back to their home.

5 comments:

Annie said...

Great pictures and lots of fun. Is nice when the girls have company and had a great time with cousins.

Answering your question:
No my girls sleep in toddlers beds. We made the transition when they had 19 months but one of the girls start using the just three weeks ago. But I have problems with the naps because they used portable cribs to take their naps. And they are so biggg for portable cribs, so that's the reason they don't sleep at nap.

And Ella and Zoe are using cribs or beds. Do you have some advices for me about potty training?

SouthernDogwoods said...

Wonderful pictures! So great to see cousins and cousins playing! Looks like everyone had fun!

SouthernDogwoods said...

Hi Jeremi! Thanks for asking me about my yardsale. I am close to having everything ready. I believe everything is priced. I am making signs today. I just heard the weather and I am not happy to hear that it will rain tomorrow and Sat. But oh well! I am ready for it to be over with! Thanks again for asking!

Heather said...

So cute! I love when family comes to visit. It is a treat for my girls and for me! Now I know why you were sipping wine/facebooking so leisurely last weekend. lol... I just wish the girls had some cousins in my family for to play with! Hope you are well.

Heather said...

I finally answered your ? about Charlotte napping on my blog. She doesn't. She is going to preschool in a few weeks. I am so excited and nervous!