Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Last Day of Their First Ballet Class


Ballet Class has been such a fun experience.
It has given me a chance to watch Ella and Zoe shine as individuals,
to be able to step back and see how they each respond to the same situations in different ways, and to watch them learn not only ballet skills, but what it means to be part of a class with other students.
How much fun they have had has just been the cherry on top.

And even though it was our last class,
Ella continued her trend of smiling over at me
(while still dancing), and Zoe kept her eyes on Ms. Zachari,
even if she was in front of her teacher. 

 Ella did her regular check-in with the big mirror . . . 

. . . and got side-tracked just a little bit . . .

Always following directions
but just one step away from being in trouble.

But she wasn't the only one who got side-tracked by the mirror,
she also recruited others to adore themselves, too.

Including her sister.

Zoe stayed on task, for the most part.
But she did her own thing at times, and would turn to make sure I was watching her.  She also gave me a few 'I love you' signs, which I unfortunately didn't catch on camera.




The girls received praise from their teacher for standing nicely and listening to directions -- and they just beamed.


But at one point they got into a discussion of their own.

Really got into a discussion -- they even chatted while doing some of their ballet moves.



And even though there were many times they were doing their own thing, there were also times they were at the beginning of the line . . . 
 
. . .  following directions as best as they could!

We have a break for the rest of August, but class starts up again the middle of September.  So the adventures will continue . . . . 

3 comments:

SouthernDogwoods said...

They are adorable! What beautiful little ballerinas!

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm glad you like it! I love followers, they make me happy! Your girls are beautiful! I am so happy for you that you finally have them! Infertility is such a rough road and I am so greatful for all my wonderful fellow gloggers out there!
Thank you so much for your support! It means a lot and I hope you continue to follow our journey!
I promise I will post the recipe of dish #3! If you continue to follow me, you'll get to see, I post sporadically! One day I'll post 6 times, others not at all! It's me, I'm a goof ball!
Again thanks for following me and I am so super excited to follow your journey!

Heather said...

Once again, these ballet pictures always brighten my days. I swear, there is nothing cuter. Hope you are all well!