Monday, August 24, 2009

I ♥ Faces ~ Nostalgia


This week's theme at I Faces is NOSTALGIA.
The photo I chose is one of the first pictures we took of Ella and Zoe together
since their ultrasound pics in utero.

In this picture they were 2 1/2 weeks old and had been in separate rooms and separate incubators  up to that point.  It was such a sweet moment getting both girls together again.  It was also the first time Tom held both girls together at the same time, our first family photo (see sidebar pic), and it was Tom's Birthday!!
Talk about a super special day : )

When I look back at this photo I so strongly remember our days in the NICU, our amazing NICU nurses and what little fighters Zoe and Ella were.  I especially love how this photo captures how tiny they were, but still so perfect.

Click on the I heart faces link below to see the other entries!


4 comments:

Foursons said...

Awww...and they are 3 NOW! What a blessing they are!

Annie said...

Love that picture. They were s tiny, God bless Ella and Zoe.

Have a nice week.

McCaffrey365 said...

Love that pictures. I remember that day and taking that picture as if it were yesterday.

SouthernDogwoods said...

Love that picture! That made my morning!