Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pumpkin Time


Sunday evening we turned the pumpkins Ella and Zoe chose from our trip to the apple orchard into Jack'O'Lanterns.

Ella wanted her pumpkin to have a sad face with eyebrows, but without a nose or any eyes.
Like this (minus her nose and eyes):

Zoe wanted a kitty face, just like how hers was painted.

And since Tom is much better at carving pumpkins than I am, he was in charge of all that fun stuff while I manned the camera.

First he used a pencil and tried to capture the girls' jack-o-lantern visions (he only had to erase a few times before he got it 'right').

Then it was time to cut, carve, scoop and sort . . .





Zoe requested a hair accessory change (for herself) only once . . . .

. . . while Ella was content wearing her witch's dress and only wanted the orange circle painted on her cheek. It was a pumpkin without a stem, just like the pumpkin she chose.


Then it was time to light the candles.
(Tom loves using his mini-blow torch whenever he gets a chance)
Love Ella's expression : )


*Zoe's Final Product*

*Ella's Final Product*

5 comments:

The Little Miss said...

ooh my gosh they are so CUTE! Love the picture with her face painted with the pumpkin...so cute
If you would like come check out my blog and enter my current giveaway at littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com
I hope you decided to follow me because I try to bring my readers a new and AMAZING giveaway every Monday!
Xo
Priscila

Heather said...

Love these pics. We just did our pumpkins over the weekend too. I need to get some pics of the final product though. How are blogs loading for you today?

Annie said...

Beautiful. It was a great experience for the girls and they look that enjoyed it.

PS: We never do this with the girls.

SouthernDogwoods said...

They did a great job carving their pumpkins! Your girls are adorable!

SouthernDogwoods said...

Sorry, I forgot to respond to your questions....
Hmm, not sure what was going on with my blog the other day! I will have to check on it. Thanks!

Both girls have become very dramatic at 4. They will cry so until you can not understand them sometimes. I will say Okay, listen, I can not help you or understand you if you do not stop crying. They will normally calms down to tell us what is wrong but the crying/screaming still occurs with every fight, etc. UGH!